Joined: 19 Apr 2003
|Posted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:52 am Post subject: What files do I need to copy to backup my VPT installation?
|Q: What files do I need to copy to backup VPT installation or to move it to another machine?
A: If you have a running copy of VAKCER Project Tracker on your system and you want to copy the project and other essential data files to another machine, you need to copy all the files from VAKCER Project Tracker data folder which is located at the following path:
On Windows Vista: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VAKCER Project Tracker
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Local Settings\Application Data\VAKCER Project Tracker
Some of the folders in the above path may be hidden so you need to enable to show hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer.
Note that if you want to share your project information with another copy of VAKCER Project Tracker, it is always safer to use Project Manager dialog in VPT:
- Go to Tools>Project Manager menu to bring up the Project Manager dialog
- Select the project(s) you want to copy to the other machine
- Click Copy To... button in the lower right corner of the dialog
- Specify a file name to save each project to (they are saved as Portable Project File format, *.ppf
- Go to Project Manager dialog of the other copt of VPT
- Click Insert From... button
- Select the *.PPF files you saved and click OK
This will add all the saved projects to the list of projects. You can use this to back up and/or archive projects as well.