vakcer.com home Log in to check your private messages

On-screen calendar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brianlj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: On-screen calendar Reply with quote

It suddenly hit me the other day that the one thing that VPT needs is an on-screen calendar.

Just a very simple:

January 2004
_ _ _ 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 ...

type of thing.

It should let you dbl-click a day and put a simple note in there, or start a timer for a particular project (I'm always forgetting to log the time I spend answering client's questions on the phone!) or set up an alarm for a particular time ("Bing-bong! Stop working and go eat something!") or whatever.

I currently use Rainlendar for my calendar, but would love to see something similar in VPT.
Alex
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: On-screen calendar Reply with quote

That could be a good idea. Thanks, Brian! thumbsup

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: On-screen calendar Reply with quote

Alex wrote:
That could be a good idea. Thanks, Brian! thumbsup

I was in another forum the other day and people were talking about essential PC utilities ('Things you wouldn't be without.') and it took me a good few minutes thinking before I remembered VPT.

And that worried me, because VPT's something I use almost every hour of every day, so why didn't I remember it?

Well, I suddenly realised, it's because it just sits there unobtrusively in the Systray and does its job and, well... I just forget about it (until it's time to bill my clients!).

It then occurred to me that if VPT were more visible -- more 'in your face' -- it might be something we'd all think of and recommend a bit more often. And what could be more visible than an on-screen alarm/diary/calendar? Perfect! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VAKCER Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: